Boolify - a puzzle-type interface that shows how different filters impact a google search
My video - using Boolify to learn google filters
Google-a-Day home page - a new puzzle every day
Google-a-Day Lesson bank - past puzzles with slideshow answers
Padlet with Google-a-Day challenges
My remix of that Padlet with the answers
I linked the activities into a Bitmoji Classroom (feel free to copy and edit) and shared it with the students.
- View the boolify video or demo it "live"
- Explain the extra search tips (truncation, wild cards, and "reading" a search string)
- Define "stacking searches" (using the answers from one search to search again and build toward an answer)
- Assign Zoom breakout rooms + google puzzles from the Padlet (10 minutes)
- Regroup and share "Yays & Nays" (what worked and what didn't)
- Share the daily google challenge page for those interested in playing on their own
This was a 45-minute workshop that seemed to go very smoothly!