Monday, October 28, 2019

You've Been Booked: The Halloween Version




Elementary school librarian and fountain of creative ideas, Shannon Miller, recently shared an idea she uses with teachers to generate excitement around reading picture books called "You've Been Booked!"

The concept: A bag of books travels around to various classrooms and when it arrives, the class stops what they're doing and READS the books in the bag.

For our Middle School, I wanted to do a Halloween version. I picked Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (in English and Spanish), read the stories myself, and tabbed the ones I thought would be the most fun. I made some notes ("Gross!" or "Ghosts" or "Very short") to help teachers choose quickly. 

Teachers signed up a week ahead on this document. At the start of Halloween week, I print the teacher list and include it with the books, so the class can see where to send the books next.

Today is the first day. Let's see how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment